Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all website development / design services provided by OSAM Limited to the Client.
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Charges for services to be provided by OSAM Limited are defined in the project quotation that the Client receives via e-mail. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days. OSAM Limited reserves the right to alter or decline to provide a quotation after expiry of the 30 days.
Unless agreed otherwise with the Client, all website design services require an advance payment of a minimum of thirty three (33) percent of the project quotation total before the work is supplied to the Client for review. A second charge of thirty three (33) percent is required after the development stage, with the remaining thirty three (33) percent of the project quotation total due upon completion of the work, prior to upload to the server or release of materials.
Payment for services is due by cheque or bank transfer. Cheques should be made payable to OSAM Limited and sent to OSAM Limited, Unit 39 Base Point Business Centre, Metcalf Way, . Bank details will be made available on invoices.
3. Client Review
OSAM Limited will provide the Client with an opportunity to review the appearance and content of the website during the design phase and once the overall website development is completed. At the completion of the project, such materials will be deemed to be accepted and approved unless the Client notifies OSAM Limited otherwise within ten (10) days of the date the materials are made available to the Client.
4. Turnaround Time and Content Control
OSAM Limited will install and publicly post or supply the Client’s website by the date specified in the project proposal, or at date agreed with Client upon OSAM Limited receiving initial payment, unless a delay is specifically requested by the Client and agreed by OSAM Limited.
In return, the Client agrees to delegate a single individual as a primary contact to aid OSAM Limited with progressing the commission in a satisfactory and expedient manner.
During the project, OSAM Limited will require the Client to provide website content; text, images, movies and sound files
5. Failure to provide required website content:
OSAM Limited is a small business, to remain efficient we must ensure that work we have programmed is carried out at the scheduled time. On occasions we may have to reject offers for other work and enquiries to ensure that your work is completed at the time arranged.
This is why we ask that you provide all the required information in advance. On any occasion where progress cannot be made with your website because we have not been given the required information in the agreed time frame, and we are delayed as result, we reserve the right to impose a surcharge of up to 25%. If your project involves Search Engine Optimisation we need the text content for your site in advance so that the SEO can be planned and completed efficiently.
If you agree to provide us with the required information and subsequently fail to do within one week of project commencement we reserve the right to close the project and the balance remaining becomes payable immediately. Simply put, all the above condition says is do not give us the go ahead to start until you are ready to do so.
NOTE: Text content should be delivered as a Microsoft Word, email (or similar) document with the pages in the supplied document representing the content of the relevant pages on your website. These pages should have the same titles as the agreed website pages. Contact us if you need clarification on this.
Using our content management system you are able to keep your content up to date your self.
Invoices will be provided by OSAM Limited upon completion but before publishing the live website. Invoices are normally sent via email; however, the Client may choose to receive hard copy invoices. Invoices are due upon receipt. Accounts that remain unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice will be assessed a service charge in the amount of the higher of one and one-half percent (1.5%) or £30 per month of the total amount due.
7. Additional Expenses
Client agrees to reimburse OSAM Limited for any additional expenses necessary for the completion of the work. Examples would be purchase of special fonts, stock photography etc.
8. Web Browsers
OSAM Limited makes every effort to ensure websites are designed to be viewed by the majority of visitors. Websites are designed to work with the most popular current browsers (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer 8 & 9, Google Chrome, etc.). Client agrees that OSAM Limited cannot guarantee correct functionality with all browser software across different operating systems.
OSAM Limited cannot accept responsibility for web pages which do not display acceptably in new versions of browsers released after the website have been designed and handed over to the Client. As such, OSAM Limited reserves the right to quote for any work involved in changing the website design or website code for it to work with updated browser software.
Accounts unpaid thirty (30) days after the date of invoice will be considered in default. If the Client in default maintains any information or files on OSAM Limited’s Web space, OSAM Limited will, at its discretion, remove all such material from its web space. OSAM Limited is not responsible for any loss of data incurred due to the removal of the service. Removal of such material does not relieve the Client of the obligation to pay any outstanding charges assessed to the Client’s account. Cheques returned for insufficient funds will be assessed a return charge of £25 and the Client’s account will immediately be considered to be in default until full payment is received. Clients with accounts in default agree to pay OSAM Limited reasonable expenses, including legal fees and costs for collection by third-party agencies, incurred by OSAM Limited in enforcing these Terms and Conditions.
Termination of services requires 30 days notice by the Client and must be requested in a written notice and will be effective on receipt of such notice. E-mail or telephone requests for termination of services will not be honoured until and unless confirmed in writing. The Client will be invoiced for all work completed to the date of the 30 days notice of cancellation.
All OSAM Limited services may be used for lawful purposes only. You agree to indemnify and hold OSAM Limited harmless from any claims resulting from your use of our service that damages you or any other party.
The Client retains the copyright to data, files and graphic logos provided by the Client, and grants OSAM Limited the rights to publish and use such material. The Client must obtain permission and rights to use any information or files that are copyrighted by a third party. The Client is further responsible for granting OSAM Limited permission and rights for use of the same and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless OSAM Limited from any and all claims resulting from the Client’s negligence or inability to obtain proper copyright permissions. A contract for website design and/or placement shall be regarded as a guarantee by the Client to OSAM Limited that all such permissions and authorities have been obtained. Evidence of permissions and authorities may be requested.
13. Standard Media Delivery
Unless otherwise specified in the project quotation, this Agreement assumes that any text will be provided by the Client in electronic format (ASCII text files delivered on floppy disk or via e-mail or FTP) and that all photographs and other graphics will be provided physically in high quality print suitable for scanning or electronically in .gif, .jpeg, .png or .tiff format. Although every reasonable attempt shall be made by OSAM Limited to return to the Client any images or printed material provided for use in creation of the Client’s website, such return cannot be guaranteed.
14. Design Credit
A link to OSAM Limited will appear in either small type or by a small graphic at the bottom of the Client’s website. If a graphic is used, it will be designed to fit in with the overall site design. If a client requests that the design credit be removed, a nominal fee of 10% of the total development charges will be applied. When total development charges are less than £5000, a fixed fee of £500 will be applied. The Client also agrees that the website developed for the Client may be presented in OSAM Limited’s portfolio.
15. Access Requirements
If the Client’s website is to be installed on a third-party server, OSAM Limited must be granted temporary read/write access to the Client’s storage directories which must be accessible via FTP. Depending on the specific nature of the project, other resources might also need to be configured on the server.
16. Post-Placement Alterations
OSAM Limited cannot accept responsibility for any alterations caused by a third party occurring to the Client’s pages once installed. Such alterations include, but are not limited to additions, modifications or deletions.
17. Domain Names
OSAM Limited may purchase domain names on behalf of the Client. Payment and renewal of those domain names is the responsibility of the Client. The loss, cancellation or otherwise of the domain brought about by non or late payment is not the responsibility of OSAM Limited. The Client should keep a record of the due dates for payment to ensure that payment is received in good time.
These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements. The Client’s signature below or payment of an advance fee constitutes agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Payment online is an acceptance of our terms and conditions.
19. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be governed by English Law.
OSAM Limited hereby excludes itself, its Employees and or Agents from all and any liability from:
•Loss or damage caused by any inaccuracy;
•Loss or damage caused by omission;
•Loss or damage caused by delay or error, whether the result of negligence or other cause in the production of the web site;
•Loss or damage to clients’ artwork/photos, supplied for the site. Immaterial whether the loss or damage results from negligence or otherwise.
The entire liability of OSAM Limited to the Client in respect of any claim whatsoever or breach of this Agreement, whether or not arising out of negligence, shall be limited to the charges paid for the Services under this Agreement in respect of which the breach has arisen.
In the event any one or more of the provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall be unimpaired and the Agreement shall not be void for this reason alone. Such invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by a mutually acceptable valid, legal and enforceable provision, which comes closest to the intention of the parties underlying the invalid.
22. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- The contract between OSAM Websites and the Client will be on these conditions, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Any variations to these conditions shall have no effect unless agreed in writing.
It is not necessary for any Client to have signed an acceptance of these terms and conditions for them to apply. If a Client accepts a quote then the Client will be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the terms applying and have accepted these terms and conditions in full. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. Any purchase or use of our services implies that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
- The works to be carried out shall be as set out in the OSAM Websites SEO confirmation order email.
- OSAM Websites will commence work on receipt of the initial payment.
- OSAM Websites will either take a 100% upfront payment for an agreed number of months SEO or will sign you up to our monthly service.
- If you choose to pay for SEO upfront, OSAM Websites carry out any work you have paid for and then automatically place you on to our monthly service.
- There will be no minimum term and therefore a client can stop payments at any stage. Payment is however made 1 month in advance of work being carried out. If a payment is stopped, SEO work will not continue and previous payments will not be refunded.
- If OSAM Websites do not receive payment we will stop working on your site optimisation until payment is received. This may negatively affect your site’s performance on the search engines.
- All payments to OSAM Websites with regard to the SEO service are non refundable.
- OSAM Websites may need to edit your site in order to carry out site optimisation work.
- The OSAM Websites SEO service is completely separate to any other OSAM Websites service and terms.
- OSAM Websites will attempt to increase the rank of your website on the search engines. There is however no guarantee that we can do this. Your monthly payment covers the time used to help increase your website ranking.
- Any marketing material sent out by OSAM Websites relating to a guaranteed position on Google does not offer this guarantee on a specific keyword. It simply means that we will rank your website for at least any 1 keyword of our choice.
- OSAM Websites may offer discounted services for block booking multiple months of SEO. After your purchased months have expired you will automatically be placed on to the cheapest recurring monthly package.
- OSAM Websites can not be held financially liable in anyway with regard to your website ranking on the search engines.
- OSAM Websites cannot be held responsible for anything adversely affecting the Client’s business operation, sales, or profitability that might be claimed is a result of a service offered by OSAM Websites.
- The terms and conditions of this website are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Jurisdiction for any claims arising in respect of this website’s Content shall lie exclusively with the courts of England. If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.